How will I learn? I will share my knowledge with you within the inspiring, personal teaching environment that I will create, both when working ‘plein air’ and in the studio. I employ many techniques within my own artwork; I will demonstrate how I use paint and other materials to create appealing visual effects. You will be encouraged to experience and experiment with materials so you don’t need to worry if you feel you have little knowledge of painting techniques. I will be teaching you ‘how you can use paint’ NOT ‘how to paint’. This unique art experience aims to inspire every individual to explore their own artistic expression. I will seek out your strengths and respond to your artistic needs.
Where – This experience is based at Hawkwood College on the outskirts of Painswick in Gloucestershire, in the heart of the Cotswolds. www.hawkwoodcollege.co.uk
What is provided – We will have our own large studio space, every day and the freedom to roam within the 42acre site of Hawkwood College. The grounds include managed woodland, farmland, walled gardens, a large water feature, grade 2 listed building AND stunning far reaching vistas across the Severn Vale. Materials are not provided.
The price includes all catering which consists of . . .
- A scheduled morning break with homemade biscuits and variety of teas and coffee.
- A two course homecooked lunch in the cafeteria housed in the grade 2 listed building. Most of the ingredients are sourced from the biodiverse land which is farmed within the grounds of the college. All food is organic.
- A scheduled afternoon break with homemade cake and variety of teas and coffee.
£40 DEPOSIT JUNE Painting in the Cotswold Landscape 3 Day Workshop
A bit more about me - A bit more about me - I am a professional artist I exhibit with Marine House Gallery. As well as having a permenant collection in thier gallery in Devon, they also represent me internationally at AAF Singapore and Hong Kong. As well as the London AAF Hampstead and Battersea. In addition to this they also represent me at Fresh Art Fair Ascot and Cheltenham.
I have a Fine Art Painting degree BA (Hons).
I also have a Post Graduate Certificate in Education, 20 years of experience of teaching budding artists in secondary school up to A level. As well as adult workhshops.
Painting in the Cotswold Landscape: Three Day Art Experience
Terms and Conditions
Here is a copy of my Terms and Conditions by paying your deposit you are subject to the terms and conditions in this document.
- Your £40 deposit will secure your place, this deposit is non-refundable. In the event of a cancelation you will be subject to the additional charges detailed below.
- Bookings cancelled after booking and up to six weeks notice - £110
- Bookings cancelled between six weeks and up to 2 weeks notice - £160
- Bookings cancelled at 2 weeks notice or less - £285
- If you can no longer attend a particular day, I cannot refund single days. Three day bookings are made in advance with the college.
If there are extenuating circumstances involved in your cancellation, I would consider your individual case, this will be solely at my discretion.
The full balance will be required a minimum of 6 weeks before prior to the start of your workshop.
Guests at Hawkwood College are obliged to observe:
- Fire and safety rules and procedures.
- Be responsible for the security of personal belongings both in the buildings and cars.
- Respect Hawkwood College as a venue and its property by abiding by their rules and regulations.
In the unlikely event that I cancel your ‘Three Day Art Experience’ I will offer you an alternative date for the ‘Three Day Art Experience.’
I reserve the right to refuse any booking.
I have complied with Hawkwood College’s policies and have Public Liability Insurance.